Thursday, October 2, 2014

Missing You

I've been wanting to post pictures and a brief update about our PaPa Maury.  
As most (or all) of you know Maury went home to be with Jesus on August 22, 2014.  It will be a day forever engraved in mind as one of the saddest days of my life.  Still today, I miss him dearly and at times still can't believe he is gone.  I think of him SO often, I catch myself wanting to send him an email (like I often did) asking him a random question that I knew he would know the answer too, or a text with one of the girls pictures attached hoping to brighten his day.

This past weekend we celebrated and honored our HERO at Purplestrides in Iowa.  Through so many generous friends and family members we raised $3,000 for Purplestrides....where the money goes to research, helping cancer families in need, and advocacy at the state and national level.
I had the privilege of briefly sharing during opening ceremonies:
1 year ago our HERO Maury Smith stood on this stage describing his journey with Pancreatic Cancer. Just 36 days ago our dad, grandpa, husband, son, uncle and Pancreatic Cancer survivor WON his battle and went home to meet the Lord.   For 3 years he fought the fight with an abundant amount of GRACE teaching all that were watching him to act justly, love mercifully and walk humbly regardless of the trials that are set before you.
Our family walks today to bring awareness to pancreatic cancer and in memory of our own Pancreatic Cancer HERO!

No comments:

Post a Comment